CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Right on Target!


A year ago John and I bought, a small hand held .22 cal. for me to have as home protection. John has been wanting a deer rifle for some time now, so when a guy at work said he would love to trade our .22 for one of his deer rifles, John jumped. Which was okay with me, because I was never really raised around guns, and I had really only fired the .22 out at John's cousins house a couple of times. John on the other hand grew up with the motto "Kill it, Eat it, then Stuff it." So now that he and I are looking into moving out of Billy and Nancy's he thought we should look into getting a replacement gun,jsut in case he was ever out of town, and a "bad guy" tried to enter our house I would have protection. John having also been born and raised a Texan, means he truly believes in the moto "Everythings Bigger in Texas" so this time, he wanted to increase the size of the gun.
Now, I have to be very honest with you, as John and the sales rep are telling me all the reasons why a larger caliber is better for me, all I kept thinking (as I am looking at these very large guns) is........... A) that they are very scary B)Cops shot bad guys with these kind of big black guns C) If I get the bigger black gun, I will probally have the same gun as all gangsters out there and D) Its a really big F-ing black gun, and my hands are not that big. So since I don't really want to admit to my manly Texan grown husband that I am afraid of the really big BLACK guns, I take a quick look inside the case and I notice there weren't any really big SILVER guns, thinking quick on my feet that I might have come up with my scape goat. I tell me husband "You know I just don't really like any of these Big BLACK guns, and since I don't see any pretty BIG SILVER guns lets go home." I grab his hand to quickly pull him away, hoping my plan has worked when, the wonderful store Manager walks by and says, "Oh don't you worry I have almost all of these black display guns in Silver in the back." At this point I know I am screwed and I will have to try and explain my logic to these three men who will probally just laugh at my silly, crazy train of thought. They did laugh however, the sales rep showed some empathy in the fact that I was scared by suggesting that John take me up the road to a shoting range, where you can rent a gun for $5 and pay for the bullets you shoot, allowing me to try and fire one of the big guns so that I am not so scared of them.
People, it is at times like these I wish I wasn't just like my Dad, a man who is not going to let anything brake him down. But since, I do have this mentality as soon as John said "you want to try" I had to say yes just to prove to myself that this big black gun was not going to brake me down. John and the gun technician decided to start me out with a 9mm. I watched John fire it a couple of times, and when I felt comfortable enough, I walked up to that line, sent my target (a.k.a. "bad guy")out, wrapped my right hand around the stock, brought my left hand up to support my right, took one good look at where my "bad guy" was, closed my eyes, and opened fire on that S.O.B.
Once I realized there were no more bullets, I looked down to make sure my pants were still dry, and asked John to bring my "bad guy" back up so I could see if I got him good. And if you look at my photo of my "bad guy" I think you will see if he was real his ass was down for the count!
John said that for my first time shooting I did really good, espeacilly considering the fact that my eyes were closed all three time I opened fire. If you are wondering why I had them closed, I will give you the same answer and I did John. If I was shooting a "bad guy" in real life I would grab my gun, give him one good look, close my eyes real tight and open fire!

P.S. I am sorry this entry is so long, since I don't blog much I thought I would try and make you feel like you where he experiencing this with me.

1 comments:

Rachel said...

Bite me Peeve!